As If I Ever Left You Sick Fucks...

Monday, November 13, 2006

(Co)-rporate (Co-op)-eration

"...a pawn is a pawn, no matter which way you play chess." -daChamp

Looks like the House belongs to the Dems, and you know what? We still have the same President. Nuff said.

Which is why I'm hitting you with the double up. Life is too short. I am currently doing my thing with these kids, although I am the new blood at the job, I am still under the 'microscope' that most jobs put you under for those first 90 days. What's sad is when you fit the following and when those 90 days pass, you are still under that microscope...

You train people for the job that you are more than qualified enough to fill. (Did I mention that it pays more dough?).

You not only do your job, but the different jobs of others who get paid more for what they don't do.

You turn a ship that was destined to go down into one that could have a few months left, give or take how they treat you.

You showed your loyalty, came everyday, and stayed those late nights, all this and you put up with racism, politics, sexism, rumors, false statements about your performance, personality, and behavior.

You know what gets me in that last one? Most of those things goes against any code of ethics, policy, and pretty much anything corporate companies build themselves on. Yet, in the 06' these companies, that strive for greatness, and have so much of a good reputation only give things from the outside looking in. It's you the employee that gets the inside track of what really goes on inside....

and that has nothing to do with ethics or policy whatsoever.

I mean, don't ask me why someone who isn't qualified enough gets the better job than the one who has been there and done that on the inside and still works there. Don't ask why the idiot in the CEO chair has no idea what's going on, but the secretary who only takes notes and answers phones does. Please, spare me and don't ask about the person who brought organization to an ORGANIZATION and still gets looked over for ideas. Cause the answer is always the same....

I just don't know.

Where I just left, it was me who put in the time and the effort to earn a good paycheck. I knew I wasn't going nowhere because the blue collar job I did, required me to put on chapstick and kiss the white collars ass to get from one position to another. I mean, a pawn is a pawn no matter how you play chess, I thought. I damn near lost my mind at a job I hated and the shit they did to let me know they didn't like me too much either....for example...

Working as a team, I would have to work with only one person for a job that took five.

1pm to 8am is not my idea of a workshift, I call it a sleepover.

When I couldn't show up, I was switched to a lower money making team, who's players didn't show up either.

I took a 3 dollar paycut with them and did twice the work.

For a finale, they put me on a team that didn't speak english. How's that for setting one up for failure?

You see, some people think that jobs can't push you around, that jobs can't bully and make you feel like it's the earth version of hell. These are those same people that sign your checks, who haven't really felt what its like to be under that microscope, or who just left that microscope and don't know what to do with whatever proceeds it. Call me crazy, but if you just been through some things, and you know someone else is going to go through something, wouldn't you try to rather help than hurt their situation? I mean, if you are supposed to work side by side, then why should you allow anything in front of you or them? Isn't that Corporate Cooperation? Or is it a Corporate Co-Operation? Yeah, I know it's different from the title, but look correctly, and figure it out for yourself.

Hey guess what? There are more jobs that if run correctly and efficiently across the board, rather than picking and choosing the right time to do the right thing, will be more successful and profitable than the ones who run things the traditional way. That's a good thing too, maybe some of us won't feel so used when it's time to go, maybe we will feel better because our spot was left in the hands of someone like ourselves who actually give a damn. That's right, CEO's, we are coming for your spot.

100 miles and running too. When we get there, you better believe that we will not only follow that policy, but throw the book at those who don't. I believe in recycling employees, not making them feel expendable it's how you keep the machine going with power, you go with the best parts. You cut corners, then your back to square one trying to fix a bunch of problems that you can't control because hey.....

they had nothing to do with policy.

4 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

Gawd, I love unemployment.

5:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much, you know why.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger princessdominique said...

I worked at a hospital and it was the same, you who got paid the least did the most work, they wanted the work done and didn't care who did it or how long it too.

7:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word on the street has it that you ain't got it no more, Thump. First, you haven't posted in a month, second, you haven't whined and crooned about that skeezer K in a minute, and lastly, your posts put a nigga to sleep, homie.

What's good?

2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home